AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Aquaria
 L# Invertebrates
  L# Pond snails becoming terrestrial?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribePond snails becoming terrestrial?
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
Quick question. How terrestrial can a pond snail become? I've noticed a few babies in the bucket when I'm doing a WC and sometimes after I pour the water out in my flowers. Do I need to put poison/snail bait out to save my flowers?

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 21-Aug-2009 03:18Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Kelly

I think you might be better trying a "Place" that sells pond plants etc. I know for a fact land snails do not live in water for very long.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 21-Aug-2009 09:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
EditedEdited 21-Aug-2009 13:12
I've gotten my pond snails and MTS out of fish tanks at the LFS, and they are multiplying with no problems. I just wondered if they are tossed out with the WC into the flowers, do they have the capacity to tolerate terrestrial conditions? Like say, slugs, dig underground to survive the hot dry days, and come out in the evening to feed. Do I have to worry about the pond snails doing the same and surviving the change? I always figured what got tossed out would die and brake down to feed the plants and other bugs outside. I don't want to have to worry about them eating my plants too.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 21-Aug-2009 13:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies