L# Red Cherry Shrimp Stocking info
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeRed Cherry Shrimp Stocking info
Bellm21
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
I would like to make a list of what fish are compatable with Red Cherry Shrimp. I just received mine last week and think they are amazing! Right now, I have them in a planted 10 gallon with panda cories.

So what I would like is for anyone who has kept these shrimp to say what you keep with them. Personal experiences only! My goal is to end with a list of fish that are proven compatable. Thank you so much anyone who participates.

So I'll start us off:

1) Panda Cory
Post InfoPosted 16-Mar-2009 17:16Profile PM Edit Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
If the tank is well planted, you can add Emperor, Rummynose, Glowlight Tetras & Corydoras similis, sterbai, rabauti & C.pygmaeus. I can't guarantee that you'll see any Shrimplets, but the fully grown ones will be fine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 16-Mar-2009 19:06Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
im about 90% sure if u have any other fish most of the baby shrimps wont survive but u might get a few...... otto cats and most types of tetras will be fine with the shrimps..... just no loaches cichlids med to larger sized cats most odd balls and no crayfish or prawns......
Post InfoPosted 16-Mar-2009 23:03Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
EditedEdited by keithgh
I have a 45lt with about 30+ CRS. In the tank with them are Cardinal Tetras, 4 Khuli Loaches & 1 Otto. I have never seen any of these fish show any form of aggression towards the CRS.

These could be considered safe BUT it depends on your tank and the individual fish. Neon tetra, Cardinal Tetra, Galaxy Rasbora, Guppies, Pygmy Rasbora,
Blue Tetra, Ember Tetra, Clown Pleco, Bushy Nose Pleco, Hillstream Loach, just about any small fish could/will be safe but certainly no aggressive fish no matter how small.
Do all your research first.

They do require special requirements as they will breed quickly. In the back corner there is now a huge clump of Anubias Nana from gravel to the top of the tank. This is where they spend a lot of time and have their young. This clump hides the heater and a small air wand. My other plants are back ground plants all tall Crypts, the substrate is nearly full covered with Crypt nevilli a very low growing crypt, I waiting for 30 more to completely cover the substrate. I also have floating water sprite (Indian fern) they love to climb all over this especially clean the fine roots.
You MUST have a algae supply I have this on some small rocks and a few pieces of driftwood.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 17-Mar-2009 01:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
If you have a canister filter on the tank, check it every so often and there you will find your baby shrimps.
Post InfoPosted 17-Mar-2009 06:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Thank you BG for reminding me.

I have a Prefilter on my intake tube until I put that on I was getting small shrimps into the HOB. Now I have a better filtration system and no shrimps in the filter.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 17-Mar-2009 07:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gone_Troppo

----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 196
australia au-northernterritory
Some pseudomugil species (blue eyes) would be work with cherries. Depending upon where you live they can get a bit pricey though. I have blue-eyes in with shrimp no problem.

I'll second the ember tetra suggestion made by Keith. I've kept embers and shrimp before, but never together - with my multiple tanks it just happened that I didn't try mixing the two but I can not see a problem with the combination; embers stay lovely and small and when they settle in and colour up they really do become little sparkling gems in a planted aquarium..

G_T

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Post InfoPosted 17-Mar-2009 10:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
The Ember tetra looks great. I had to google it. We don't have a profile for it.... Keithgh....

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 17-Mar-2009 14:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies