L# Betta breeding behavior
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBetta breeding behavior
HorseGal
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
EditedEdited by HorseGal
since my male betta stopped building his bubble nest, i just released trhe female, and they get REALLY close to eachother and flare and/or dance. no nipping and only slow chases. does it sound good so far? can they have a succesful spawn without a bubble nest? im worried to leave them overnight, what should i do? any pointers? Thanks!

Edit: NEVERMIND! they are nipping A LOT!!! i put the female back in the lantern. only a small sliver out of her tail, should i putthem back together? please help!!!

What came first? the chicken or the egg? No really.....
Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2007 02:39Profile PM Edit Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
i have heard of cases where they will breed without a nest, but i wouldnt for that reason of inconstitantly.

it isnt uncommon to start off with no nipping. i personally watch and film every spawn so i have a very good history of having females with 100% no damage to them, but then again i have no life and sit there and watch every move that both fish make

So, since she has been nipped, generally it will kick start her hormones and get her more into the mood, but i wouldnt let her out until that nest is built, and he starts doing the male dance.

Of course i would let her out if she is doing the submission dance.
Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2007 03:07Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
HorseGal
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
well, now the female is Really beat up, i didnt leave them togwther overnight but i just but them back in. now she is beat up, has fear stripes and is hiding. what should i do??? Help!!!

What came first? the chicken or the egg? No really.....
Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2007 23:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 24-Sep-2007 23:50
This post has been deleted
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies