AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Labyrinth Lounge
  L# Help! bubble nest falling apart!!!!
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeHelp! bubble nest falling apart!!!!
HorseGal
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
my bettas have bred and i think the eggs have hatched, i cant tell but the male stopped tending to his bubble nest and it is falling apart!@!!! What can i do?!

What came first? the chicken or the egg? No really.....
Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2008 20:02Profile PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
If he's still in there and the nest is falling apart and the fry have hatches, just let them do their thing The fry probably don't need it anymore They are pretty 'sticky' and will just hang on glass or the surface without the assistance of bubbles.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2008 19:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HorseGal
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
no, there are no fry, and i dont know if i should use him to try again once he and the female are ready

Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2008 20:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
EditedEdited by GobyFan2007
Like in the other post, check to see if he is bloated or very full looking. There could be a chance that he ate all of the fry! That, or the fry might have been sucked up the intake of filter (If there was one present) and dissappeared. YOu probably dont have a filter in there, so thats not likely a choice. Also, maybe you have to look very very very hard, as they might be hard to see, especially without a flashlight (torch).

Good luck, and maybe if you could post some more info, that would lead to a specific answer. I think there is a lot of possibilities with the data as of now. THanks!

EDIT: I dont see why you couldnt try them out again. I mean, havent breeders bred the same pair more than once? I am not too sure in this category!

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2008 01:06Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
HorseGal
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
Ok, i have a filter in there, but its not running. and he hasn't eaten in a few days and isnt fat, and when i look at the remainders of the bubble nest it looks like "tails" but it is just fungus. i have looked through the old bubble nest through a flashlight and i never even saw eggs in the 1st place, but i saw them before he put more layers. It is gone now, and the male is just swimminhg around. if you need any more info, just ask

Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2008 01:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
I guess it would be wise to try again, after some conditioning, and keep an eye out for anything moving in the tank, during the conditioning period.

Good luck, and im sorry if you truly did lose the fry. I think this happens with most first time breeders, and it is actually pretty common i hear.

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2008 04:40Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
HorseGal
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
thanks, ill try again, but i will take care to make sure there IS NO gravel, and this time should go faster after they have done it already

Post InfoPosted 11-Jan-2008 03:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies