L# Labyrinth Lounge
  L# Hints for trichopsis pumilus.
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeHints for trichopsis pumilus.
DonkeyFieldMouse
Small Fry
Kudos: 10
Votes: 0
I recently received a tank from my grand-father. I gave it a clean and have been running it ever since, with no fish or plants though. Its small, very small. Its Hexagonel and I would say anywere from 3.5 to 4 litters. Not large.

I was going to put some Cacombas in it with some Java fern/moss or anubas on a rock.

Because of its size I'm limited to small secies, so what about this one? It looks pretty and is small. I think I will get just one. So I'm wandering if they're social, or need a large tank for the size and such. Be honest and feel welcome to recomend other fish for a tank this size.

PS: I'm trying to avoid the Neon Tetra routine here.
Post InfoPosted 19-May-2009 04:49Profile PM Edit Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
Dont just get one, get a pair. How tall is it? If it's too tall dont fill it all the way up.
Dont bother filtering it, pH about 5.5-6.0 and some floating plants or film cannisters for them to spawn in. Fry will take infusoria and then baby brine shrimps.
Post InfoPosted 28-May-2009 15:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
That is a very small thank for these guys. While it could be done it might be worth considering a betta or killies instead. I'd be iffy about keeping these guys in less than 6L. I've always kept them in groups to spread agression.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 28-May-2009 17:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DonkeyFieldMouse
Small Fry
Kudos: 10
Votes: 0
EditedEdited by DonkeyFieldMouse
Callatya, would you consider them aggresive?

The water level of the tank is 8", 20cm. The width is 7.5" or 19cm. Each lenght is about 4 1/4" or 11 cm. Its approx. 1.5 US gallons (1.2 UK) or 5.5 liters. So all in all it should be large enough for idleast one. I wont be too worried about it getting bored, the tank is on my desktop (at a relatvely safe distance from my computer) so i will be keeping it company.

I would be willing to spawn them, but I dont know what to do qith the fry as I have no other tank, well, to put fry in in safety from predation.
Post InfoPosted 30-May-2009 23:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
Oh..thats much smaller than i anticipated.
Ignore what i said in my other post
Post InfoPosted 31-May-2009 21:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies