Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeParadise fish and Corydoras
Cowch
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 29
Votes: 0
male usa
I have a 20 gallon long aquarium with 6 albino Corys. The tank is lightly planted and has several good hiding places.

I want to get a paradise fish. How do you think this will work out? Should I consider a different kind of gourami?
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2008 03:10Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Big E
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 382
Votes: 0
usa
If you just get a nice, showy male by himself you and the cories will be fine. In smaller tanks, they can be aggressive, but in 20s or larger I've never had a problem unless I had a pair spawning (right now, my male paradise fish and his fry control half of a 36" long tank - the female and the other fish all hang out on the far side of the tank...).

Eric
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2008 03:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
lol i was just gonna say that...

a showy male will be rather nice. floating plants will be needed and well it will do great...a spawning pair will be trouble like with all gourami as the male will shoo away any fish taht comes near the fry... and a female wouldnt be as atractive as a male...

go with a male. you could also try a smaller strain of gourami (opaline, gold, etc) and keep a few more. but that is up to personal preference.

good luck!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2008 03:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
dvd_wightman
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 10
Votes: 1
male usa
I think it would work out fine. The cories will spend most of their time on the bottom while the paradise fish will hang out on the top. Good luck!

Tanks:
10 Gallon-2 Platies
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2008 06:26Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
I also think that they would be fine & you said that you have some hiding places. So you've have a better chance, that it will work out nicely.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 12-Feb-2008 01:26Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies