L# Two female betta fish living together
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeTwo female betta fish living together
BettaFishQueen

Small Fry
Awesome sause
Kudos: 6
Votes: 1
Today I got a second female betta to go in the tank with my current female. They have flared and chased eachother a bit but other times they ignore eachother. Is this natural? I will keep watching them but please reply asap if you have any useful information. Thanks.

You have been punched in the face by AWESOMENESS ~BettaFishQueen
Post InfoPosted 07-Mar-2015 22:48Profile PM Edit Report 
ztb23
Hobbyist
Kudos: 137
Votes: 0
Female bettas can be towards each other as males are towards each other. In the case of the females you have, you introduced a new female to the tank where the first female had already established her territory. Essentially, that tank was hers and she knew it, and she wasn't pleased with the addition of the new female.
Post InfoPosted 08-Mar-2015 16:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
BettaFishQueen

Small Fry
Awesome sause
Uh, I have been watching them closely since yesterday. They have not phisically harmed eachother though they do chase eachother around. However, my new fish (Opal) seems way more comfortable and the bad interactions have been less frequent. Your right, my original fish (Sparkle) does seem to think the tank was her teritory even though she hasnt been there long and my african dwarf frog is in there with her. Could I leave Opal in there?

Post InfoPosted 08-Mar-2015 16:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ztb23
Hobbyist
Kudos: 137
Votes: 0
They might get used to each other over time and learn to share, but remember that right now, and perhaps even after the aggression ends, if that time comes, they are both under a lot of stress.
Post InfoPosted 09-Mar-2015 03:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
BettaFishQueen

Small Fry
Awesome sause
Well they have been getting along really well now and don't seem stressed. The only thing that happens is Sparkle wants all the attention. When I look at Opal in the tank Spakle comes over and tries to get me to look at her. Its kind of cute though. Anyways thanks for your help. See you around fishprofiles.com

Post InfoPosted 09-Mar-2015 21:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies