Subscribe Good Betta Tank?
Guppy_man
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 128
Votes: 1
male usa
EditedEdited by Guppy_man
I am looking for an upgrade for my betta's.Something like a 2.5 - 3 gal size.I like the eclipse 3 gal tanks,but I have read alot about them having too much current.I have them in 1 gallon fish bowls right now,but the water is getting dirty way too fast.Does anyone have any suggestions or exp with the Eclipse 3? I am also looking at the deco kit 3 gal that is on www.drsfostersmith.com.
Post InfoPosted 08-Nov-2007 00:44Profile PM Edit Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
those will cost you probably what the cost of a ten gallon would. just get a ten gallon and mesh top and a clip on light (or table top desk lamp) and a whisper in tank filter. that will run you at tops thirty dollars (with out decorations or plants) honestly i would just get one of those and add more fish (some platties or mollies) and have a beautiful little mini community or just keep him alone in the big tank.

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 08-Nov-2007 02:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
My Betta is in a 32lt with plenty of water movement full length air wand (small rena pump) an Eheim filter going full bore and the outlet is directed onto a big piece of DW and the Betta actually swims directly into the current or if he wants a rest he gets in front of the DW like all fish do waiting for food to go past him.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 08-Nov-2007 03:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Guppy_man
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 128
Votes: 1
male usa
The 10 Gal idea does not really work,because I have 5 bettas and only 65 inches of space to work with.The eclipse 3 is 12 inches wide so i could get 5 of them there.If I had my way I would have tanks everywhere and I wouldn't have this problem.But the room these guys are in only has a 10 amp circuit and cannot support bigger tanks and I have Multiple tank syndrome. A 10 will make me buy more 10's,and then 29's and bigger and bigger,you get the picture.I don't care about spending the money on the Eclipse 3's,but I just want to know if it is a great tank for betta's?
Post InfoPosted 08-Nov-2007 04:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Ferox
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 187
Votes: 28
female australia
If you're worried about the current, allow them to gradually build up for it, a bit like training for a marathon. Otherwise if they have a quiet spot, they should be fine.

It's possible to put dividers into a 10 gal, but I don't know how to do it.

<Vet in Training>
Blog under development: http://www.nearlydrferox.blogging4life.com/
Post InfoPosted 08-Nov-2007 04:59Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
well are the 5 bettas going in the same tank? and if so are they all females? the eclipse threes would be rather pricy (as stated before) and i actually found a guy who use some plexi glass a drill and some basic flow patterns who converted many many large tanks to accomidate and divide multiple male bettas.

check out this to get an idea for the divided tanks (you could also buy a generic divider, but here is a DIY)

http://www.fishforums.net/lofiversion/index.php/t101204.html

here are a couple picts:

this is a 10g:

this is a 5g:

here is one of the fish in one of the divided tanks:

if this is too much work you could just buy some 1g tanks for them they range about 15$ at my local walmart...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 08-Nov-2007 07:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies