L# betta food
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribebetta food
ragu_ed
Small Fry
Kudos: 6
Votes: 0
male india
My male betta is not eating any pellets or freeze dried tubifix worms.Its been 2 days since I bought him.It is only taking raw meat.Should I wait for a few days or should I buy him different food?
Post InfoPosted 01-Sep-2009 10:04Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
With the pellets, it sometimes helps to have it on the tip of your finger and wiggle it on the waters surface, they tend to see it eventually and go after it.

Hikari Betta bio gold is the only pellet I've ever bothered to feed my bettas.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 03-Sep-2009 00:05Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
What sort of raw meat are you offering? If it is land mammal meat, it really isn't that good for him.

They can go for over 2 weeks without eating, so 2 days of being stubborn about food is fine. He's not going to eat pellet food while you are still offering him the fresh stuff, so try stopping that and only offering a small bit of it every few days if he continues to refuse the pellets.

Try pre-soaking the tubifex so the worms are a little more life-like. I find they tend not to like tubifex much, but bloodworm and blackworm are almost always taken straight away.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 03-Sep-2009 12:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Yep, bloodworms go down a treat with our betta.

But like I said, sometimes the surface of the water needs a bit of a wiggle to draw their attention to it. I think mine just gets so excited to see the food bringer that he forgets to look for food.

That and Adam went and trained him to eat off of the fingers, which I don't always spend the time to do.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 05-Sep-2009 22:02Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies