This post has been deleted
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
Jeff, apologies again for cluttering up your log. Thanks for the link. The doesn't work, but I'll just copy & paste into m browser & that should work ok. Glad you asked that link naming questions - I always wondered how it's done. Thanks Wings.
Robyn what are the issues with the lily pipes?
Nothing really with the lily pipes themselves. Dopey me forgot to get the cabinet maker to make a space for the lily pipes to enter from the side That issue is taken care of now & I have a nice space cut into the wood. 2nd issue was how ugly the green Eheim hose looked running down the side of the tank. I couldn't stand it. The only clear hose that I know of which is aquarium safe is the ADA stuff. Horribly expensive (AU$54), but I've got some on order & when it comes, that's when I'll attach the lily pipes. In the meantime, I have Eheim ones in place. Not that bad, as I've found you can get Eheim in-take & spray return bar in grey (not quite black - but better than green).

Well, I'm off to plant my new Alternanthera reineckii in the 74G. Fingers crossed for me that I can now grow a red plant now.

Keep us posted with changes & updates to your tank.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 12-Sep-2007 11:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
tetratech
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 1074
male usa
EditedEdited by tetratech
Robyn don't worry about cluttering up the log. It's all just conversation with just dedicated planted tank folk. If the mods don't mind, I certainly don't. Be careful with the pipes when you set it up. Make sure you grab them from the bottom where the tubing will meet the pipe, because as you know I did break one. I ordered the tubing from as well, but not as expensive for me, but I'm wondering if I could have gotten the same thing from Home Depot.

My Scapes
Post InfoPosted 12-Sep-2007 13:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
EditedEdited by TW

Jeff, that is a great collage of your scapes. Is the beach area wider now in Petrified Valley?
Make sure you grab them from the bottom where the tubing will meet the pipe, because as you know I did break one
Thanks, I will. That's why Ive been so particular asking you heaps of questions about cleaning them & whether you remove the hose (it seems you do). According to instructions in my cal aqua pack, it said to cut the hose off each time - but seems so wasteful.

You pay less for the ADA clear hose? Doesn't surprise me. Checked out USA ADA site & compared USA prices to Aus prices & I just don't get it. A quick comparison, check out the price on the USA Link to the product:-

ADA Lily Pipe Outflow P-2 13mm
http://www.adgshop.com/Lily_Pipe_p/102-412.htm

Buy an ADA Lily Pipe Outflow P-2 13mm in Aus & you'll pay the equivalent of USD$167.53

Wings - what am I doing wrong in the naming of the link. Couldn't quite follow the instructions.

Edited by Frank
Robyn, you need to bracket just the internet address,
not the title of what you wanted us to see.
Go to the edit button at the bottom of this post
and click on it, then scroll up your post and
notice how I placed the brackets.

EDIT: Thanks Heaps Frank, but what I was trying to was to rename the link. At the top of this page, Wings gave a demo of how to do it (Tetratech asked how), but I must be doing something wrong. So, what I'm trying to do is have you see the Title of the link, and for that title to now actually be the link. Do you know how to do that?

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 12-Sep-2007 14:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
tetratech
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 1074
male usa
Robyn,

Thanks for the comments on the photo. Yes the valley is wider. I play around with it from time to time. It's that or total redo.

That's interesting about cutting the hoses. I think that's there way of saying. "This way you won't break the pipes"

Don't feel bad about the link thing. It took me a couple of attempts until I figured it out.

My Scapes
Post InfoPosted 13-Sep-2007 16:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Don't feel bad about the link thing. It took me a couple of attempts until I figured it out
So what am I doing wrong? I must be pretty dopey, as I couldn't figure out Wings instructions

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 14-Sep-2007 09:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Wingsdlc
----------
Fish Guru
What is this?
Kudos: 799
male usa
Maybe this will help~

{link=Whatever it is you would like the link to say}The link.com{/link}

Just change all of the {} to []

You can use the link tool from above then just edit in:

=Whatever it is you want the link to say

Is that better?

55G Planted tank thread
19G Container Pond
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Wingsdlc/Ric
Post InfoPosted 14-Sep-2007 12:13Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
EditedEdited by TW
[link=Lily Pipe Outflow P-6 17mm
]http://www.adgshop.com/Lily_Pipe_p/102-4161.htm[/link]sells in the US for USD$100.00. Same items sells in AUS for equivalent USD$261.92, or AUD$312.15.

Yay, link naming worked. Thanks Jeff

Only thing, I can't get it to continue on the one line. Oh well.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 14-Sep-2007 13:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies