Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeA idea of mine.
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
I was thinking somethin like a 24 inches long 24 inches wide and 12 inches tall..... i was thinkin something like a big feild of some type of grass all over the tank and have like 1 hill and put a moss tree if i can find the right driftwood should i go for a co2 injector and florite gravel? with added liquid fertilizer or is that over kill? will have great lighting idk wat the wattage is but i will find out. the thing is i want a few cool shrimp and 1 mid size school of small tetras just need ideas of wat ones. it will take years to get the plant how i want them but i can wait lol.

so does this sound ok and any help is greatly appreciated.
Post InfoPosted 03-Mar-2009 10:14Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2007.cgi?&op=showcase&category=0&vol=0&id=20

Something like this?

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 04-Mar-2009 18:32Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
male
EditedEdited by riri1
yea kinda but i think it would look better. he dosnt have a bunch of grass i want a thick mat like thing of grass to cover the whole bottem of the tank over the gravel i dont think ill have the path way he made out of rocks and sand. i just need to fine the right driftwood and plants do u know anything good for the type of plants ill need cuz im doing as much reasch as a can to do this right cuz it will be a "show" tank that my girl friend said she wanted me 2 do. The main reason im doing this is because i have always wanted to get a planted tank they look soooooooo cool if u do them right....
Post InfoPosted 04-Mar-2009 22:36Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
EditedEdited by keithgh
Here are are a few things for you to think about.
12ins deep - 3ins gravel now 9ins - 1ins below top water level now 8ins.
That is close and you would have to be careful with the lighting and the heat it creates.

Liquid ferts and plant tabs would be enough (that is all I use) I also use a small air-wand.

Filtration depending on what you use it could disturb the water surface too much for the Co2. The intake will have to have a prefilter otherwise you will find a lot of dead baby shrimps in your filter.

Plants should not be a problem plenty around it will just be a mater of locating them.

Shrimps also love climbing this is one of the reasons I have a floating water sprite (Indian Fern)
Shrimps will want a hiding and breding home I have a big clump of Anubias nana for them.
I have Cherry Reds and they prefer to be in a big school.

Tetras I have Cardinal tetras they also prefer a big school and will require some protection from the light.
I have tall Crypts across the back for that purpose.

I like what you are doing and all the research will pay off I am still waiting for 30 more small crypts to fill the foreground in.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 05-Mar-2009 02:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
male
yea i was thinking that i might need to make the tank higer i havent got it made it but my lfs knows people from tencor and i think that i might make it a little bigger to fit a light i bought a while back but never used wat it says on the box is 6700k 65 watt compact florescent freshwater lamps included it has 4 built in cooling fans, highly-polished reflector and it has acrylic cover for the bottem of the lights. It wasnt cheap so i want to use it.... total of 130 watts...... its bright as hell......like really really really bright. the light is 30 inches long so i might change it to be a 30 long 24 wide and 18 tall so it would be more around 57 gallons... with out gravel and id probly use a canister filter not a hob. The filter intake will have a small sponge over it so the shrimp wont get sucked in to it.....

I think that the what i will attach to the driftwood would be Vesicularia dubyana and probly use some type of mesh so that it could get it could grab on to something till it grows on to the driftwood. the main thig is i dont know wat plant im gona use as the grass i will use co2 i can make it so the spray bar dosnt disturb the surface so much...... fertalizer is a must i know that so i got 2 large size jugs of it so ill be good for maybe a year lol....

the main thig is idk how many fish to put in the tank and wat types i like most tetras but i dont want to much color so they take away from the aquascape... im looking for the right shrimps to put in the tank 2....... need help on the fish and shrimps for this tank.
Post InfoPosted 05-Mar-2009 06:38Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies