Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAnubias Roots
checkerboard
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 14
Votes: 8
canada
I have Anubias barteri tied to a clay pot via a fishing line. It has been in my tank for about 3 weeks now.

Its roots are growing about 2mm per day The initial root growth hugs the pot but the roots eventually arches: only the root tips touches the pot. How will it attach to the pot? And is it normal for the roots to turn green after a while?
Post InfoPosted 04-Sep-2008 03:04Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
The clay pots retain moisture and the roots will travel and grip as they grow. I prefer old DW, for some reason the seem to grow faster and better it could be they are getting food from the old timber.

As for root colour the tips are often a lighter colour and some times slightly bigger (thicker) this can vary within in the species.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 05-Sep-2008 09:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies