AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Aquaria
 L# Planted Aquaria
  L# Comment regarding Seachem products..
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeComment regarding Seachem products..
El Tiburon Tailandes
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 54
Votes: 0
male costarica
If you'll recall I ended up buying every seachem product under the rainbow. Ive been dosing for what, like a month now and my plants are exactly the same and I mean the same. The only noticeable difference is I dont see hair algae any more but other than that, my plants are exactly the same.

Any ideas, pointers, anything? FYI, Ive been using the dosing instructions they have on their website.

Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2008 00:29Profile PM Edit Report 
Countryfish
----------
Fish Addict
Da...Dum .. Da...Dum
Kudos: 83
Votes: 242
male australia
ETT ...are you testing for anything ...Like Iron , Phospate, nitrates etc . That will give you an idea if the dose is getting to the levels you want . Look to your plants and see if you can identify any deficencies as mentioned at this page .
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_nutrient.htm
Seachems guide is just that and is a starting point . The only other thing to do is to slowly increase the dosage over time until you see increase growth.

Garry
Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2008 01:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
This is what I did before I started using Seachem products.
I contacted them and ask what test should I do so that I can get them to tell me what and how much I should be using. I would also tell them what and how you using their products now and any concerns you are having

After a few e/m all sorted out and a month later i did the same tests contacted them again and a slight alteration was made.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2008 05:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Wingsdlc
----------
Fish Guru
What is this?
Kudos: 799
male usa
If I am understanding this correctly, you aren't getting any growth from your plants. If this is the case, I have a couple questions for you.

What size tank?
How many watts of light?
How long do you leave the light on for?
Are you running CO2

Plant Growth is driven by Light then CO2 then Fertilizers. If you are missing either or both of the first two then the fertilizers aren't going to help much.

55G Planted tank thread
19G Container Pond
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Wingsdlc/Ric
Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2008 12:25Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies