Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeDwarf Hairgrass
greenfootball
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 360
Votes: 0
male usa
want to plant some tomorrow (if i can find them tomorrow in town) i know they come in potted, and read some stuff about how to seperate them and all... but also remember somebody said something about trimming the grass to about 2 inches (cutting off the flowers) because they are grown out of the water in the nurseries? should i trim them? or they will just die off anyways in my tank after a while. because if they will die anyways, i think its better to trim first then to worry about floating needle thin leaves
Post InfoPosted 07-Apr-2008 06:48Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
If they are grown out of water they could easily have seed heads. Its up to you if you cut them or not, the plant is also putting its energy into growing these heads and what you want to start of with is root growth not seeds.

As soon as you get them home give them a good wash then place them into the tank pots and all and leave them there for several weeks and let the plant get used to its new conditions and then replant them. If it has a cotton/woolen fibre around the roots I would remove this under runing water by using a tooth pick or along pointed satay stick even a fine knitting needle can be used.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Cookie

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Apr-2008 07:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
greenfootball
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 360
Votes: 0
male usa
so leave them in there with the cotton/wool/pot for the first couple weeks and then remove cotton/wool/pot?
Post InfoPosted 07-Apr-2008 07:33Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies