Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeDwarf anubias cuting ?
oldpro
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 18
Votes: 8
male usa
Ok...I have a Dwarf anubias in a 10 gallon tank, and its getting to big for the shaded corner its in. The back older leaves have shorter stems, and the newer ones have much taller stems, and it looks kinda funky. I am planning to cut it in half, (five leaves to each half) and put the taller stemmed part back in the shaded corner, because that’s probably what made them taller in the first place, because they had to reach for the light, and the small stemmed part in the light so it will still grow short.

What I want to know is if the older part with the shorter stems will keep growing out of the cut. I know that the new part will keep growing, but I am worried about the old part still growing.

Will it still grow?

"I am who I am, and who I am is who I want to be."
-Kasey Carter
Post InfoPosted 07-Oct-2007 01:51Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
By what you are saying it is growing very well. If that is the case cutting it will not hurt it all in fact it will grow even more. Those things grow like and as fast as weeds when the conditions are to their liking.

I have just posted some of my large Anubias and I can assure some of them will be cut up and tied to DW.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Oct-2007 06:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
oldpro
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 18
Votes: 8
male usa
Thank you for the help.

"I am who I am, and who I am is who I want to be."
-Kasey Carter
Post InfoPosted 07-Oct-2007 21:53Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
Not only will the opld parts continue to grow but they will put out 2 or 3 new plants The cutting will scar over and beside it small buds will grow out from it.just make sure you cut it at the right spots.

If you look at the arrow you will see just off to the right a knob where the rhizome changes direction slightly thats where to cut it. I have gotten 5 new ones at this time by cutting like this.

Enjoy your new plants. /:'

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 08-Oct-2007 05:42Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies