L# Fertilizing
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFertilizing
kj fishy-finn
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 200
female usa
I am going to plant my tank within the next four weeks and I was wondering what kind of fertilizer I should use with:
o Egeria densa
o Cryptocoryne beckettii
o Echinodorus quadricostatus
o Ludwigia repens
o Vallisneria americana

It came up in another post that if I were planning to use Flourish Excel it make melt my vals, crypts and densa.

Is there any kind of fertilizer anyone recommend I use?

kj fishy-finn <*)))><
20 Gallon Album
5 Gallon Album
Post InfoPosted 17-Jul-2008 19:09Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Flourish Excel will certainly melt Valls Seachem will admit to that but do not know the reason why.

I use it in the small 45lt Cardinal Tetra tank and it has plenty of Crypts and they are thriving. I also use their plant pellets

If you want to use the Seachem products I strongly suggest you contact them give them as much details as you can including a full water parameters test.

Then they should be able to workout exactly what and how much you require to use and how often.

I did this and they were extremely helpful after using their products for several months I did another test and they adjusted the mix I was using.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2008 09:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies