L# Ferts For Low-Light Tank?...
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFerts For Low-Light Tank?...
Brian1216
-----
Hobbyist
Votes: 0
male usa
I have a 29 Gallon freshwater with 2 20W bulbs. A Power-Glo and Life-Glo 2. Right now i only have Java Fern and Water Wisteria in the tank but plan on getting some Anubias, more Java Fern, Water Sprite and some Crypts. I have no CO2 so i was wondering if i should be dosing with any ferts. If so what would be a good product to use and what would be a good dosing schedule? The tank appears pretty bright with these 2 bulbs but i know not to expect quick plant growth in it. Thanks!
Post InfoPosted 30-Jun-2006 17:32Profile PM Edit Report 
Wingsdlc
----------
Fish Guru
What is this?
Kudos: 799
male usa
What type of gravel are you using? If you are using just plain gravel(which is ok) then I would first make sure you have at about 3-4 inches. Secondly I would use root tab ferts for any crypt or sword plants.

Other ferts:
Seachem Flourish (1 or 2 times a week)
Seachem Excel (every or every other day)

55G Planted tank thread
19G Container Pond
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Wingsdlc/Ric
Post InfoPosted 01-Jul-2006 00:07Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
Kudos: 1997
Votes: 670
male usa
Brian,

I also have a 29G Tank and I initially started out with 2x20W lighting. I would suggest that you use some form of fertilizer, my personal favorite would be the Seachem Flourish line.

Dose once or twice per week, the products Flourish, Potassium (maybe Nitrogen and Phosphorus as well, depending on the fish load) for the macros, and Flourish or Flourish Trace for the micros. For better growth, add Flourish Excel twice a week as a carbon source.

Also, good question by Wings, what is your substrate?

Hope this helps,

Ingo

Proud Member of the New Jersey Aquatic Gardeners Club
Post InfoPosted 01-Jul-2006 11:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies