Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeI Found Em So Brought Em Home
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
hey,guys about a month ago,we were out on our boat at 1 of our local rivers,when we got the boat out,there was lots of aquatic plants on the trailer and boat,and i was %100 sure i had seen these for sale at my lfs,so i brought them home and put them and a 10 gal tank for 2 weeks,and washed em off real good and cleaned em,and when i checked my lfs,they did have em,but no name,(im working on getting the name)anyway,i put them in the 89 gal,and with in 2 weeks,they have exploded,there is new growth coming from them everywhere,they have turned bright green,1 of them is already nearly grown to the top of the water,and when i put 3 plants in the 55gal,my pleco had a ball,the 3 plants the next moring,were %100 striped to the stem,there was not 1 leave left on any of em,so now ive been putting little bits in for him as a treat,and he LOVES EM...so when we go back im taking my diving mask,and im guna have a look on the bottom of the river and see if theres any more aqautic plants,have you guys done this b4,and is there any bad things that can come from this,keeping in mind the plants are well washed and put in the qt for at least a coulpe of weeks...oh i also put some melifix and pimafix in while they were in the qt tank,then also when they were moved to the other 2 tanks...
Post InfoPosted 18-Feb-2008 06:04Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I hope it works out for you. Just a question is it legal to remove plant life from a river?

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 19-Feb-2008 04:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
ask the forestry service or the park ranger before you do next time to avoid any fines.. or just be really slick about it!!!!
(ie hide the plants in a pocket or such while under water and then put in a cooler or a baggie, dont be diving and come up with large clumps of plants, plus you dont want to destroy an established ecosystem to create your own would you?

just be mindful of what you do an stick to small quanities as they will propagate if under the right situations and hopefully a small sprig will flourish in your tanks and you not need to take a whole clump to fill your tank... if that makes sense...

well good luck and be careful!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 19-Feb-2008 07:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
EditedEdited by hokese
yeah its cool the day i got the plants the ranger was there,so there was no problem with it,i was washing them under the tap while he was talking to me,so yeah next time ill grab some more,actully to be honest in the 89gal,they are going nuts,so ill be able to give the pleco some from that tank too,but i would never take big clumps,just a few.any of yous done this b4,i would have never taken them if the ranger was not there to give the ok..
Post InfoPosted 19-Feb-2008 07:55Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies