Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeIs It To Close
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
hey guys,ive got a plant in my my tank,and its rite near my air stone,the buubles are running up thrro the leaves and roots,but this is the only plant thats not doing to well,its dull in colour,its dropping leaves,and i use florish and fertilizer tabs,plus ive use a power glow light,you 1 for plants,is it dying because it to close to the air?
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2008 04:12Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
What species of plant is it?
I have Anubias and other plants that love plenty of water movement via an air stone. I have read recently some plants prefer a still water.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2008 06:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
male australia
dunno,its the only plant in the tank that i dont know the name of,my mate across the road gave it too me...mmmil try to find out..its looking rather drab
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2008 07:49Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
well Hokese, if youve recently added it to your tank, it could simply be dying off a bit due to assimilating to new water conditions. I have been told and now have seen for myself that some plants die off a bit before growing new growth when they are first introduced to a new tank. This process seems to take some time, maybe even a few weeks. So, maybe be patient and see what happens. Can you move the air stone?
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2008 19:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
male australia
there is new growth coming rite from the top,and its like the bottom leaves are dying off,yeah i can move the air stone,do you rekon that mite be it,and ive had it in there for about 3 weeks or so
Post InfoPosted 18-Feb-2008 05:52Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies