L# Need To Kno From The Experts
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeNeed To Kno From The Experts
jungle_one
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
i have a four foot by 18'' by 18'' and i wanna turn it into a unreal planted tank like u see on some websites. I have propper lighting and fliter etc but i wanted to kno what plantes would go togeather and i thought about buying a co2 bottle and let that slowly into the tank. Would that help in anyway. One other thing is that i have built in a overflow sump in one of my corners, i wanna kno the best pump that will turn my tank ova few times in and hour, but i want the affect that it over flows not same water height but gets slowly sucked down i need help.

i kno a lil about tank tho iv had them since i was a really young kid. what fish would be great for something like this
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2008 05:00Profile PM Edit Report 
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
Not quite sure what you are asking, especially about the Overflow sump. As for CO2 it depends on what plants and how much lighting you have. You would need a CO2 diffuser and a special valve as well. CO2 is not something that you can take off a paintball gun run a hose into the tank and turn it on.

More info would be helpfull, How many watts on the lights what type of bulbs you have. As for the sump Could you explain in more detail?

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 23-Apr-2008 08:25Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
jungle_one
-----
Small Fry
Im not too sure bout the types of bulbs i have but they are 2 40W - um my mates used it and it worked well with his planted with losts of swords, anubius, and a few grasses. im mainly gonna have grasses anubius swords and maybe a few more plants but havnt really looked. Um i have a few pics but cant put onto the "feed" not a premium member. but ill explain it- in the left corner looking at it i have a box and 250long by 150wide, split into 3 boxes but at different levels. overflows from aquarium through carbon under the next peice up through fliter wool and sponge then flows over the last part where the water sits and then the fluvel input suck up and through the filter and back into the tank. i need a pump that will create the motion that when it over flows into the first part it keeps the volume of water getting put back into the tank for it to keep the sam eoverflow pace. im proberly confusing u but if i could get u the pics it would make sence.
co2 i kno u need more then a hose, u need regulators and more regulaters tubing to another regulater etc haha i kno.
Post InfoPosted 23-Apr-2008 10:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
for a tank that is about that size, you could get alot of different fishin there! i would suggest that you get 3 larger schools of tetra... cardinal are good ones! I would also get about 10 khuli loaches, a bolivian ram pair and an apisto pair, and maybe soem other bottom feeders like about 10 corries... well that might be a bit too much, but this sounds like a pretty big tank, with alot of surface area... (if it is 4ft wide)

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 24-Apr-2008 07:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jungle_one
-----
Small Fry
Na the tank is 4 foot long x 18inch x18 inch. but there is alot of surface area as i have4 just started the tank up i have to go out bush because im in the army so ill be putting some fish in when i get back in 2 weeks. what is a really good way to get alot of algie growing.
Post InfoPosted 24-Apr-2008 08:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
See you when you get back, and you can still show us the pictures. Load them to photobucket or some place like that and then post the link to the pics.

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 24-Apr-2008 19:20Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Filtration sounds like a wet/dry to me...

><>
Post InfoPosted 25-Apr-2008 15:48Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
jungle_one
-----
Small Fry
Na its a wet one but im trying to get it to be a wet dry tho, its pissing me off because its not how i thought it would work i have a aqua one pump that pumps 1500LHR but i just cant get it to work.
Post InfoPosted 10-May-2008 06:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies