Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeRed Sea CO2
mobeyjack
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 9
Votes: 4
male usa
Greetings, Does anyone have a review or experience with the Red Sea CO2 pro paintball system w/solenoid. I'm starting to design a 72 gal. planted and could use some feedback. Thanks
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2007 19:08Profile PM Edit Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
My only thoughts would be that the CO2 can for use with paintball guns are measured in oz.(usually 12 or 24) not lbs. What this means is they are usually small and will probably run out quickly on a larger tank like your 72. I'd get a 5-10 lb can setup myself.

Sorry I don't have any input on the actual product you are looking at.

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 31-Jan-2007 01:47Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
Rough but Honest [img]htt
Kudos: 309
Votes: 45
male usa
I used a co2 paintball tank when I switched to CO2 pressure system from a yeast sytem. (I use co2 to control Ph - CO2 will lower your ph). It works fine but you end up filling the tank alot. I have found it cheaper to fill a 10lb tank and you can buy a new tank online cheap.Try a beverage suppliers. The only reason I see for a very small tank would be space. Remember you you control the output with a needle valve. I would also suggest geting a CO2 reactor. You will save money because you don't waste the gas. Also use co2 tubing or the gas will leak through the hose. The reactors in my opion work the best and they are compact. they come in two sizes 200gal and 100gal. Even if you use yeast they still don't waste very little of the gas. I only know of 2 places online and the price is the same. Floridadriftwood.com and Aquariumplants.com. Aquarium plants also offer a regulator system with a 3yr warrenty most only offer 6month to a year, and the parts a top grade.

Djrichie
"So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish" Douglas Adams
Post InfoPosted 31-Jan-2007 17:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies