Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeSalt In a Planted Tank?
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
Hi, i know guppies prefer a bit of salt in their tank, but how would it affect my plant.?it is an anubias.
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2009 05:33Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
coheedandcambriarules
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 2
Salt in a freshwater tank is a myth and unnecessary in most cases. I vote no salt at all. Just lots of freshwater changes.
Post InfoPosted 14-Jan-2009 20:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
male usa
oh, i have heard in my experience that it help to cleanse open wounds and such.idk.is that a myth or not?
Post InfoPosted 14-Jan-2009 23:13Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 15-Jan-2009 02:12
This post has been deleted
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
EditedEdited by Babelfish
In todays day when you can easily get medications from the store, using salt as a cure should be considered as myth.

Yes, technically it will help. But, I'm sure you've also learned that at one time the only way to deal with a bad tooth was to have the thing yanked out with a pair of pliers. The way to deal with a bad wound on the leg was to cut it off with a saw. No pain killers, no anesthesia.

Salt was used before ich medications were popular and easily available and often resulted in killing the fish along with killing the ich.

There is no reason to add salt to the tank. Don't kill your fish and plants just because of something you heard.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 15-Jan-2009 02:12Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
male usa
wow,ill be honest i have lost a few fish too that method and i always suspected it of being the salt,i have since stopped using it.i was just going by what i was told.thanks babelfish
Post InfoPosted 15-Jan-2009 15:36Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies