jase101
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 273
Votes: 1
male australia
EditedEdited by jase101
hi folks -

thought i'd share some pics, but not sure how to link things - hope this works....

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/jase101/

2 footer: inhabitants: triple red cacatuoides (currently with about 60 week-old babies), 6 ember tetras.

plants: echinodorus species (small) anubias species.

6 footer: inhabitants: breeding pair of angels, breeding pair of agassizi, pair of rams, 40 cardinals, 40 rummynoses, 5 sturisoma panamense

plants: echinodorus species (small, medium and large) ambulia for filler, tiger lotus

there's also some old pics of other incarnations of the 6 footer, plus discus pics and some other fish shots.

hope the link works - enjoy!

justin
Post InfoPosted 05-Feb-2008 11:39Profile PM Edit Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa
Beautiful tanks & fish jase!

Very healthy looking plants!
Post InfoPosted 05-Feb-2008 16:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Man, I want A. cacatoides in my tank NOW. Your fish look great. Tanks are nice too, nicely planted.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 05-Feb-2008 17:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bratyboy2
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 340
male usa
EditedEdited by FRANK
amazing lol i love the apistogramma tanks the most

(Don't do that again)
Frank
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2008 00:20Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
ogothangel
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 6
Votes: 13
female usa
Very nice arrangements!!
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2008 03:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
hey Jase, your tanks look great! I would love to see a nice shot of those 40 rummies.... I love those lil fellers! (I know, we're tlaking rummies in a planted tank... easier said than done!)
Post InfoPosted 08-Feb-2008 04:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jase101
-----
Big Fish
male australia
i'll try for a rummy shot, but it's either a flash with quick aperture, or no flash and a blur of fish, like the cardinal photo at the end - fish-art, as i call it!
Post InfoPosted 08-Feb-2008 08:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Countryfish
----------
Fish Addict
Da...Dum .. Da...Dum
Kudos: 83
Votes: 242
male australia
Jase .. Nice looking tanks mate ..Love the Triple Reds ..very nice fish .

Well done .

Garry
Post InfoPosted 08-Feb-2008 12:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
Great tanks Jase.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 12-Feb-2008 02:06Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
jase101
-----
Big Fish
male australia
thanks for the comments folks.

Post InfoPosted 16-Feb-2008 21:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fishmonster
----------
Big Fish
Oh My Heck!
Kudos: 88
Votes: 73
male usa
Jase

Those are awesome tanks and fish, its interesting to see how other people setup their tanks. Also how do you keep your tanks free of Algae?

Shane

Thanks for your input as always, Shane
http://thetanklog.blogspot.com/ - [ Thanks to ScottF ]
http://www.natureaquariumclubofutah.com/main.html
Post InfoPosted 16-Feb-2008 22:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
Justin, I was wondering when we'd get to see a pic of your tank, and here's a whole album. Beautiful fish - love them all, especially that gorgeous a.pandura female. Is she the fiesty female you once mentioned?

I love how healthy your planted tank is. Looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Don't remember hearing before you had discus. They are a stunning looking group.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2008 05:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 17-Feb-2008 05:18
This post has been deleted
jase101
-----
Big Fish
male australia
EditedEdited by jase101
hi shane,

re: algae... i hate to say it, but i don't do anything about algae... but i do have sturisoma panamense in every tank , and they are the best algae eaters i've encountered... however, i think i'm just lucky... and you'll notice, the tanks aren't completely algae free, but it certainly doesn't rule the roost. my philosophy for keeping fish stems very much from nature - ever seen a pond or river without some algae in it?

hi robyn, yeah used to keep discus - loved them, but found the upkeep more than i wanted to commit to - 18 months was all i could handle!! my tanks are primarily for relaxation - minimal work, minimal stress!! i was always worried about them! and i think they knew it...

yeah, the panduro female is she of the violent temper - it is pretty rare for the boy to be out in the open except for feeding time - but she is AMAZING to look at - the photos don't do the shades of colour in her any justice at all.
hope your fishies are well
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2008 12:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
Kudos: 1997
Votes: 670
male usa
Justin,

I did take a look at your two tanks, not too shabby.

Let me make one or the other suggestion, if you don't mind:

The 6 footer has quite some potential. I kind of like the medium planted layout, although I think it would look better if you were not to line them up as you do. Have you thought about grouping them? Like how about this, a smaller group on the left, then a small gap to the back, and a larger group on the right, whereby the gap should be in the realm of the golden rule, aka about 1/2.6 from the left.

The two footer has potential as well, although I think the wrong plants are in there. These Anubias are way too big and make the tank look small. I know it is not cheap, but how about groupings of Nana Petites instead? Smaller tanks = smaller leaved plants!

Well, I hope this helps,

Ingo

Proud Member of the New Jersey Aquatic Gardeners Club
Post InfoPosted 18-Feb-2008 14:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
EditedEdited by TW
used to keep discus - loved them, but found the upkeep more than i wanted to commit to - 18 months was all i could handle!! my tanks are primarily for relaxation - minimal work, minimal stress!! i was always worried about them! and i think they knew it...
My maintenance schedule didn't change at all, once the discus moved in. 50% water change once week, same as it was before the discus. I know lots on discusforums say 20% daily or twice weekly wc are minimum required, but I've had discus since June 07 & so far, no issues with the 50% weekly. I bought a UV sterilizer for them around Sept last year. Haven't bothered to install it & won't do so until they move to their new tank.

Anyway, pls keep us updated with pics whenever your scape changes or you get some more gorgeous apistos. I was at B & C again the other day & picked up a nice pair of a.macmasterii.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 18-Feb-2008 15:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jase101
-----
Big Fish
male australia
hi robyn - saw the pics of the macmasterii - gorgeous!! you're building up quite a collection! when one of my species tanks becomes available i want to get elizabethae. i posted some great agassizi photos in the photo booth... i found my discus more skittish than i expected, and had various health issues, and whereas i'm quite happy to euthanase a less expensive fish, i wasn't too keen on losing such pricey stock! weighing it up, their beauty wasn't worth the effort.

thanks for popping in ingo - and thanks for the advice, though i have no plans for any renovations ... both tanks serve their purpose, ie breeding apistos and housing my other species. i'll leave the gorgeous planned tanks to the masters such as yourself! this thread is just an exercise in "you showed me yours, so i'll show you mine!"
Post InfoPosted 20-Feb-2008 07:52Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
EditedEdited by TW
Hey Justin, sorry your discus caused you stress. Best not to have them if they stress you - our tanks are to give us pleasure, right

Thomas has fry from those elizabethae he bought from B&C the day we were both there. I have asked him (via discusforums) to let me know if & when he's ready to sell. If he's willing, I've asked him to put me down for a male & female. Maybe you could do the same?

Yes, I like my macmasterii. Glad you found my pictures thread.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 20-Feb-2008 08:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
Kudos: 1997
Votes: 670
male usa
LOL Justin,

Well ok then, do what you have to do, or don't

Come on, with just a few small changes you could make this tank look so much more scaped.

Aren't you glad you showed me yours?

Ingo

Proud Member of the New Jersey Aquatic Gardeners Club
Post InfoPosted 20-Feb-2008 15:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jase101
-----
Big Fish
male australia
always happy to share, ingo - though you're gonna be disappointed in my lack of commitment to aquascaping!!! i just let mother nature do her thing - i plant, she grows, i relax.

robyn, i don't know thomas but would love to be able to make contact re: elizabethae. always nice to have more options! for now i have no room, though i might make room for elizabethae... could you give me his discusforums name so i can message him?

thanks!
Post InfoPosted 25-Feb-2008 07:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies