Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeTuft algae eaters
cappa
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 14
Votes: 1
male australia
Does anyone know of or have experience with a fish that will eat the thick tuft like algae. I have a bristlenose but he doesn't touch the stuff. I also heard that the flying fox will eat it but then the fish shop owner told me it wont eat it. So if anyone can help. I dont want to do a bleach bath and scrubbing it is going to be a problem as some of the plants have it on them. Its mainly growing on driftwood. Looks great but is a problem none the less.

Thanks for any replies.
Post InfoPosted 02-Nov-2008 21:59Profile PM Edit Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
SAE will eat it as it's smaller and growing, but they don't do much on the stuff that has already grown.

><>
Post InfoPosted 03-Nov-2008 00:01Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Depending on the size of the tank I certainly would get several. It is also better to get them small as they will clean it up far better than the older ones who get very lazy and prefer fish food to algae.

This is the reason I am continually getting younger ones for the 5ft tank. One way I do this is a small one goes into the 45lt Cardinal tank and when it get bigger into the 5ft tank.
Just make sure they are the genuine SAE, one way of telling is the dark line continues into their tail and goes to a point at the end.

If you are not sure I can post you a good photo of one.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 03-Nov-2008 02:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
cappa
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 14
Votes: 1
male australia
Ok thanks for the help guys I will get a few and see what happens.
Post InfoPosted 05-Nov-2008 21:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I have just bought a small SAE and he went to work straight way. They are a very easy fish to look after.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 06-Nov-2008 01:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies