SubscribeVery Productive Cryptocorynes
clownloachfan
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 850
Votes: 115
male usa us-pennsylvania
hello
just curious, how often does everyone here have to thin out their crypts. I seems like i am starting to do it every 3 months now. So that means that they are being moved 4 times a year. Cryptocorynes dont like change and if something in their environment is changed, the melt. At the most, maybee one leaf melts off the plant, and that is it. Why, why, why?
Post InfoPosted 03-Oct-2007 19:10Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
Depends what species of crypts you have. My wendtii crypts have never melted and they grow like weeds. I move them all the time, occasionally leave plantlets floating until I can decide where to put them (some have been floating in my 29g for a few weeks), put extras in tiny little bags and leave them sit around for a day or 2 before making it to the fish store, and dig up the main plants every couple years. They've never melted more than a leaf. They also managed to cover half my 90g before I took it down and currently my entire 20g long is just green and red variety crypt wendtii.
Post InfoPosted 04-Oct-2007 00:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
clownloachfan
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 850
Votes: 115
male usa us-pennsylvania
yeah, i have lutea and wendtii. I guess i expect them to be more sensitive the way everyone talks about them. I guess moving them a few times a year is not that big of a deal afterall.
Post InfoPosted 04-Oct-2007 00:56Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies