L# What Kind
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWhat Kind
hagcatsis
Small Fry
Kudos: 5
Votes: 0
female usa

i have a small small tank and 2 black mollies 1 kind of water frog and what i think is maybe a wisker shrimp what kind of plants should i put in there but not make it to croweded
Post InfoPosted 30-Dec-2008 07:10Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
To start off with how small is small if you dont know the Gal give us the measurements please.
Also I dont like the chances of survival of the shrimp with the Mollies. If they area pair and start breeding the tank will be to small any way.
Plants require more than a tank. It is the correct type of substrate, water, lighting, filtration and feeding, as you can see we require a lot more info.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 30-Dec-2008 07:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
hagcatsis
Small Fry
female usa
the tank is only 1 gal but i should be getting a 5-10 gal soon and the shrip is bigger then the mollies and they have trued picking on him but the quited it because she was getting ready to attack them i think i do know the shrip is pregnet i found out by donovan over the phone and i dont know how to tell how long in till she gives birth and how big of a tank should i have for all of them and what size tank for when babies are born
Post InfoPosted 30-Dec-2008 07:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
wow a 1 gallon tank,jeez thats small mate,any idea on how long b4 you upgrade to your 10gallon?
Post InfoPosted 31-Dec-2008 04:28Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Some one is certainly giving you a lot of wrong info that is way to small even for the shrimp alone. Get a bigger tank extremely fast even a 10gal would be too small for the mollies alone.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 31-Dec-2008 08:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
donovan
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 26
Votes: 143
male usa
hey keithgh lol it's me I havn't seen her tank yet to know size but you know those lfs they'll sell ya anything with little or no remorse ,,,hopfully soon we can get her fixed right up ,,,
Post InfoPosted 31-Dec-2008 23:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Donovan sounds like a very good idea it looks like she has already been well misinformed.
Sorry I can not send any plants to you just a bit too far. I hope another good FP member can help you out with some plants. I toss out about 1lt of floating plants every month.

Look here for my

Keith

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 01-Jan-2009 08:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
hagcatsis
Small Fry
female usa
hey donovan and keithgh well the mollies are only like 2 cms but i should get 10gal from donovan in couple weeks or sooner but really soon i have to get another tank cause i am not positive but i think the female mollies is pregnet and i can not tell if shrip had babies my mom feed them for me over weekend
Post InfoPosted 05-Jan-2009 03:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Good to see donovan is looking after you.
As yo know I have the small Red Cherry Shrimp and during the last water change when I was waving the vac over the small Crypts a baby shrimp was walking up my finger and it stayed for about one minute

Look here for my

Keith

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 05-Jan-2009 04:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies