SubscribeWisteria
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
My Wisteria has really begun to take off now that I bumped up the # of hours I run my lights. It has reached the surface, can I trim it back from the top? If so, can I take the clippings and start new pants but simply planting them?
Post InfoPosted 01-Feb-2008 05:07Profile PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
According to my research...

You can. Incidentally, I'm pretty sure Wisteria is usually sold in bunches of cuttings, so basically when they sell them to you its the same principal.

OoC, what's your lighting like and what was the change in hours? I have wisteria too and "take off" is not exactly what I'd describe their growth to be like.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 01-Feb-2008 05:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
male usa
my lighting as a single flourescent bulb, 15W 6700K, 20g tank. I went from 8 hrs a day to 11. There's a big difference in the wisteria especially
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2008 03:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Hmmm, I'm already at 10 hrs. I should see what replacing my bulbs does because the fact my bulbs are old probably isn't helping things. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2008 04:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
male usa
The main reason I increased the hours was to kill off the brown diatoms... and the side benefit was the improved growth of my wisteria. Just over the past couple weeks, I have begun to feed with root tabs and liquid ferts. I haven't seen any changes with the addition of those.
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 00:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
catdancer
----------
Big Fish
Mad Scientist
Kudos: 138
Votes: 13
female usa us-massachusetts
Scott:

You can trim it from the top, side shots, whatever. This plant easily forms plantlets, just letting it float will promote root formation and you simply plant it into the substrate afterwards. This plant is quite amazing as it can be 'trained' to grow in a certain pattern.
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 03:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies