Subscribegood plant ferts
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
I would like some guidance from anyone who ahs had success suing liquid plant ferts to grow lush green healthy plants in their FW aquariums.

The only liquid ferts I have currently are Hagen Brand "Plant Gro" it is: 0.15-0-0 Iron Enriched.

My pH hovers consistently around 8.2 and my hardness is 16-20. Nitrates run 20-40ppm and I keep my tanks around 76-78 degrees.

I keep Water Wisteria, Anacharis, Jungle, contortiona nd Corkscrew vals, along with a moss ball and a couple different amazon swords.

Are there any particular formulations I should be using, based on my water parameters?

Thanks!
Post InfoPosted 30-Sep-2009 01:17Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I use liquid ferts in the 45lt and the 5ft tank.
The 45lt is Seachem only plus their fert tabs.
The 5ft I use a locally made liquid fert.

I prefer to use the liquids even though it can cost more than the powders. The main reason it is the perfect balance every time.

To work out exactly what I required I contacted Seachem explaining what I had and what water test results they require and after a few short E/m I had the types and amounts to use. Several months later I did the same tests contacted Seachem again and a slight alteration was made.
Some of the ferts are used every day and others are used only twice a week.

Seachem are a costly product but you do get quality plus a excellent service which many do not.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 30-Sep-2009 03:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies