L# Reef Keeping
  L# Inch/Gal
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeInch/Gal
Alex
---------------
Fish Addict
male australia
i have read that in a reef tank you can have as in extremely general rule 1inch of fish for 7.5gals.

my question is
when caculating how many inches fish you can keep do you count the water in the sump/fuge as well as the display.

''All the clown fish and yellow tangs in the world cant save you now!''
Post InfoPosted 27-Aug-2006 04:34Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
*If* you were to use that rule, you would include the water outside of the display as well as in. However, this rule only accounts for the waste-producing tendencies of fish, and can't provide any guideline for territoriality or swimming space. You're not going to be able to stick a volitan lionfish in a twenty gallon sump even if the main tank is two hundred gallons.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 27-Aug-2006 05:10Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
mrwizerd
---------------
Big Fish
Kudos: 197
Votes: 75
male usa
If you have enough live rock you really dont have to follow that rule. the most important thing is temperment. You have to watch the fish if there all fighting you have to many. There really isnt a cut and dry rule because its more how the fish react with each other and the corals that you need to watch.
Post InfoPosted 31-Aug-2006 17:38Profile Homepage ICQ AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies