Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
Kudos: 1442
Votes: 35
male usa us-ohio
[font color="#BF791F"]Yep... I'm seriously considering it. The reason I'm going nano is, well, I don't have any other tank to work with

Anyway, heres my plan thus far: 10 gallon aquarium.

40 watts of 50/50, and another 15 watts of whatever. The 40 watts are via two Coralife mini PC 20 watts. The 15 watts is a standard 18" flourescent light.

About 10 to 20 lbs aragonite (live sand if I have the money) and ~15 LBS live rock.

As for inverts, I'm not exactly sure on what I want. In general, I would like a center peice that stands out, with small polyps of whatever around the tank. I thought of a leather coral of some type, or maybe a Rock Flower Anemone, however I do know the problems of anemones. I would like some mushrooms, feather dusters, and small polyp of some type around the tank.

Other Inverts: A shrimp or two would be nice. Also snails to do their thing around the tank.

Fish: A pair of Perculas first came to mind. Other fish i wouldn't mind as substitutes include other clowns, pygmy angel, cardinals, or firefish. I would like at least 2 fish. I'd love to have a flame angel, but their just too big for me , but if there are any dwarf angels, like the pygmy, that I could possibly go with, tell me.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Also, I'm stumped on filtration.... just no idea on what to do.... well, more like no idea of what to CHOOSE from the multiple possibilities. Please give me some ideas and thoughts. Tell me what you think. I would go bigger if I could, but this is all I have. I know I could set up a larger tank perfectly fine, no problem, but a small tank like this just worries me.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Lets keep it on the DL that I'm crossing the line to the dark side...

EDIT: WHOOPS, I make both my BG AND text black.

Last edited by Racso at 24-Sep-2005 02:26[/font]
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Report 
acei
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 291
Votes: 1
male usa
for starters, welcome to the world of nanos. my first (and only right now) SW tank is a nano.
for your 10g i am really going to have to try and persuade you to go with one fish. there simply isnt much room for more.i think any angel will not go in there either as they are used to large open areas and i hear they get nippy in small confines.
you may be able to get away with a neon goby and a royal gramma. i cant see why a small fish and a neon goby wouldnt work. both are great fish.
are you going to have a sump? i really recommend one becuase with all of those fish you want, there is going to be a lot of waste. a sump/refugium full of cheatomorpha algae will help eat up those nutients. otherwise, you will battle alage like crazy. having a sump/fuge will also increase your capacity and help it stay a bit more stable. yo will have to top-off water on a daily basis at a minimum. you may have to do it twice a day. again, another plus for a fuge. you can run a auto topoff system and it will take some work off your hands. of course you will need more light for the fuge, but not any more than you would run on your main tank.
the corals yo noted sound very good. you could go with some mushrooms too. they would add alot of color. good luck and let us know what you wind up doing.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies