Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeOh no!!! Help me???
pmdaggett
----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 169
Votes: 1
male usa
Hello out there, first let me say how sorry I am about being active on this forum, please accept my apology. I wish that the reef forum would be as active as the freshwater section. PEOPLE, BE ACTIVE!!! You guys have really helped me along the way, please continue.

I've got a problem with my xenia's and zoo polyps. Every other coral is good to go, but these haven't gotten any better. One of my xenia (pom-pom) bit the bucket on me and I don't know why. My zoo polyps (only 2 frags) haven't opened in 2 weeks.

I tested my water and the only thing that was out of specs was the p.h. which was at 7.9. This was at 4 p.m. I added a p.h. buffer but I don't think this is the problem.

The only other thing is that I removed my Aqua Clear 110 power filter because I thought it was causing more bad than good (purple/pink algae). That was back in February. I've made my remora pre-filter box in place of it.

I know its so hard to answer a ? like this cause there could be so many things going on. But if you know, please help, I'd like to keep these corals alive. Thanks
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Report 
dthurs
---------------
---------------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4170
Votes: 529
male usa
What kind of lighting do you have?

Dan

Dan
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
Kudos: 2166
male usa us-colorado
your PH is 7.9, but what is your DKH?

The xenia crashing is usually a very good sign of low alkalinity/DKH....thats where I would look first. If you dont have a DKH test kit, I would run out and buy one.

[hr width='40%']
Ever since the day you went away
And left me lonely and cold
My life just hasn't been the same
Oh baby no
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
pmdaggett
----------
Enthusiast
male usa
Thanx, I'll test here and let you know. Normal is 8 right? Seeing how I don't test anymore, this is from memory.

I'm running coralife p.c. lights. 1 10k and 1 actinic. Total wattage is 192 watts. I don't think thats the issue because my frogspawns are growing and they need a little more light than the xenia.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
Kudos: 2166
male usa us-colorado
depends on who you ask....I like my DKH higher. Anywhere between 8-12 is good. For xenia, I would shoot for 10-11.

[hr width='40%']
Ever since the day you went away
And left me lonely and cold
My life just hasn't been the same
Oh baby no
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
pmdaggett
----------
Enthusiast
male usa
Dark Realm,
I wish I could say your the man... Actually you still are after that last post. However, I must be doing something right here cause heres my results on KH,ALK from my last test which was in DECEMBER, 04. By the way, my p.h. has gone up from 7.9 to 8.2 since last night.

KH-ALK results in December:
KH- 9.92
ALK- 3.5302

KH-ALK results today:
KH- 9.92
ALK- 3.5402

What gives? I'm going to test my Magnesium, Calcium right now.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies