Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeTangs And Greens
seafan
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
female usa
i'm looking for table greens to feed my tangs i feed them seaweed but am looking for something i can buy at the market i tried romaine lettuce but they didn't seem to like it .......any ideas
Post InfoPosted 15-Aug-2006 06:10Profile PM Edit Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
You can buy the seaweed pretty cheap at asian food stores. I'm thinking they call it nori or something like that. Formula 2 is also a good veggie food. Other than that I'm not too experienced feeding them people food....and I'm not sure how good it would be for them. Maybe try spinach?

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 15-Aug-2006 16:03Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
Really, you're better off feeding nori or food which is formulated for tangs/herbivores. Sometimes people can get away with feeding table foods to fish, but it seems pretty unnatural. Plus, there would not be as much of a nutritional benefit to feeding something like lettuce when compared to a natural algae diet. Not only that, there is the matter of pesticides. Though they probably aren't lethal in those small doses, they aren't going to be good for the fish.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 15-Aug-2006 17:02Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
Kudos: 1889
Votes: 229
female usa
sushi nori they love it! you can buy lots of different kinds of algaes and seaweeds at your LFS or online, and sometimes Asian markets sell the stuff too...believe it or not, the stuff the pet store sells isn't too different from what's in sushi my purple tang loves seaweed selects and julian sprungs algae sheeets too

-Formerly known as the Ferretfish
Post InfoPosted 19-Aug-2006 00:40Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies