SubscribeAdded Glo-Lights today
zookeper
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 62
Votes: 6
male usa
Today I added 6 Glo-Lites to my tank.
I know alot of people dont like them but i think they are way cool.
At first the glos schooled with the Danios but then later they formed their own group.
There is clearly one leader and the rest follow.
They are very animated and active. Whats really odd to me is that they love the bubble wall in the back of the tank. They all go into the bubbles at the bottom of the tank and ride up to to the top of the tank in the bubbles, then they swim real fast and then back into the bubbles.
One of my Albino Choc plecos loves the bubbles as well and hangs out on the glass behind the bubbles.
Never have seen fish do this before. I guess it must feel good.
Anyways, happy to have found them. They really are neat to watch and I cant wait to see them tonight when the moonlights come on. Bet that will be cool.
Post InfoPosted 15-Jun-2007 22:23Profile PM Edit Report 
$ilver dollar
----------
Fingerling
Kudos: 17
Votes: 27
male usa
interesting zoo, i added some black neon's to my tank and they too schooled wiht the danios for a while, but soon formed their own little school, and they too love the bubbles. i like all the tetras, i want my 20g full of the neon's, glo-lights, and the cardinals. good luck

"The Earth is God's Fish Tank"
Post InfoPosted 16-Jun-2007 00:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
zookeper
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
I saw the black tetras today as well. They are something!
I tend to like the more odd fish and thats why I went with the glos. They are really neat to watch. I have been watching them play all day. Always on the go and they never get tired of riding the bubbles.
Post InfoPosted 16-Jun-2007 01:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
zookeper
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
Ok, its dark and my moonlights are on and the glo-lights look totally awesome! They glow beautifully. If you have moonlights you must get some glo-lights.
Post InfoPosted 16-Jun-2007 04:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
mikeingeorgia
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 21
Votes: 0
male usa
Congrats on the glowlights. I bought 8 of them Friday, although while I was at work Saturday 1 of them died. Not sure why, hadn't been showing any signs of illness. They are all still in quarantine though. I've been feeding them Hikari micro pellets. It's neat to watch them chase the pellets. As the pellets float through the area of the bio-wheels water outlet, it forces the pellets down and they dart around chasing them. I wish I had a space big enough for a couple hundred gallon tank that I could put a few large schools of the small tetras in.

29g - 5 Head and Tail Light Tetras, 1 Black Phantom Tetra, 1 melanistius cory, 1 Featherfin Synodontis, 1 otto
29g - 14 harlequin rasboras, 5 albino corys, 3 ottos
10g - 1 glowlight tetra, 2 Black phantom tetras, 1 red betta on entertainment center
Post InfoPosted 17-Jun-2007 16:27Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
zookeper
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
Yes, the glo-lites are alot of fun and very entertaining to watch.

Dont feel bad about the one loss as I also lost one last night. I took him back to the place I bought him and got another one.

The others look fine and are active. I was told today but the store that their tanks have salt in them and mine dosent. So I am wondering if this may have something to go with the loss? I do acclimate the new fish very slowly by adding small amounts of water to their bag for about 2 hours but who knows?

Question? The store also has yellow glo-lights. Will these school with the red glo-lites?
Post InfoPosted 17-Jun-2007 19:32Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies