Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBaby Black Neon
lsburton
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 7
Votes: 2
male usa
i was just doing a water change and noticed hiding behind the swords and driftwood towards the bank of the tank was a baby or probably toddler black neon. very exciting now i hope he/she can survive. anyone have any tips?
Post InfoPosted 22-Jul-2008 21:05Profile PM Edit Report 
NowherMan6
---------------
-----
Fish Master
Kudos: 922
Votes: 69
male usa
Hi, congrats on the fry!

How big is the tank and what else is in there?

My guess is he'll get eaten before long. If you want to try to raise him you'll have to get him out of there ASAP.

It's not totally unusual for the tetras to have bred, just unusual that one of the eggs made it long enough to hatch and that he hasn't been eaten yet.

What it does mean is that you're providing them with good water quality, so keep up the good work!

Back in the saddle!
Post InfoPosted 22-Jul-2008 21:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
lsburton
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 7
Votes: 2
male usa
It's a 20 gallon with only the 5 older neons in it. He was out and about a little yesterday after the water change but one of the bigger ones chased him back into hiding. He came out again, ate a few flakes then went into hiding again. I hope there is enough cover for him to grow but the bigger ones were swimming around the area he was in. *fingers crossed*
Post InfoPosted 23-Jul-2008 12:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies