SubscribeCongo Tetra with Glass Shrimp
JQW
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 758
male australia
Hi,

This is going to be my 15G moss tank.
I thought I want something as central piece, but angels get too large for 15G.
So I got 1M + 1F Congo Tetras today.
They look fabulous under my new light.
Didn't think much about shrimps at the time I got the congo, do yous think the congos will be a threat to glass shrimp if I get the shrimps.

Cheers,
Jim
Post InfoPosted 02-Jul-2006 06:37Profile Homepage MSN PM Edit Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
Congos do not bother ghost shrimp. They never really eat off the bottom and mostly just prefer to grab food falling from the surface or floating. They might eat baby ghost shrimp that make it to the top of the tank and possibly do a pass at any shrimp falling from the top but will not even give a second thought to shrimp walking along the bottom or decorations. When you add new shrimp, snails, or small fish to a tank with congos make sure to add them near the bottom and these guys never even seem to notice their new tankmates. Anything on the surface or falling is an invitation to a meal whether it's actually edible or not. Mine always loved to eat little crickets or fruit flies off the surface of the water.
Post InfoPosted 02-Jul-2006 22:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies