SubscribeGold Pristella Tetras
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
My son wanted to go to the LFS last weekend so in the car we hopped and off we went. (I don't need any excuse to go lol)

He begged and begged me to grab some of these really spiffy tetras, Gold Pristellas. I got a nice little shoal of them and brought them home and they are spectaular little schoolers.

From everything I have read, they are easy to keep and do well in a community, which is what they are in now.

So, I am just curious to learn if anyone has had any experience keeping these little beauties.

Post InfoPosted 20-Apr-2008 15:10Profile PM Edit Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
male usa
wow, still no takers on the Gold Pristella Tetra chit chat huh?? lol bummer!
Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2008 12:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
daddySEAL
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 68
Votes: 3
male usa
EditedEdited by daddySEAL
Sorry Scottf,
I understand your dismay at no responce...and thought I'd at least reply something...Ha!
I have no idea why this Tetra area is so inactive.

My guess on your lack of response regarding that Tetra variety is that most people prefer more color...rather than view theses guy's internal organs, although interesting.

All the photos of them I've seen are clear...and I found no pics of golden color.

Any kind of schooling (shoaling?) fis are great, I think.
(since this area is so little watched, I'm going to ask some neon tetra questions on the "General Freshwater Aquaria" area...because I want LOTS of them...and have had them die frequently in the past)I've read that Cardinals are e to stress in transport from native waters and are therefor "in trouble" when they get here, but not noticably. I want to try again with a MASS of the with my Rams.
Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2008 14:54Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
BM
---------------
Fish Master
Kudos: 239
Votes: 127
male usa
I have a tank with 8 Pristella tetras, although I have never seen the golden kind. Its true they do schoool nicely

very active swimmers too.

They except most flake and freeze dried foods I give them. They always go nuts when they know its feeding time and they see me coming towards them. I would like to get larger tank and transfer them and add another 8 or so.

Let me know if you have any specific questions

http://www.fishprofiles.com/site/aquarank.aspx
Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2008 18:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
male usa
heeeeeeey great, thanks guys!

These do have a nice golden caste to them, I will get some pics soon, I promise. I have 6 and they do shoal nicely, and eat anything I toss in there.

I was just wondering if anyone enjoyed these little beauties as much as I do!

Thanks for jumping in!
Post InfoPosted 30-Apr-2008 04:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
daddySEAL
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 68
Votes: 3
male usa
EditedEdited by daddySEAL
The closest fish I have to "see thru" tetra are 10 Glowlight Tetra in with my 20 Cardinals. It think it's cool to see their "innerds" along with the thin flourescent orange/red glow stripe from eyes thru their spine to the tail, but basically clear otherwise. They shoal with my Neons too. Quite a site!

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_Hemigrammus_erythrozonus.php
Post InfoPosted 06-May-2008 18:59Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
male usa
I think we'll move the prsitellas we have in the 20 now into the 55g and boost their shoal to about 10, then add some cardinals to go with them... should make for a nice, flashy display...
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2008 03:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies