Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeNew Tetras
Doedogg
---------------
Banned
Kudos: 737
Votes: 445
female usa
I got my aquabid winnings today . They were sold to me as Hyphessobrycon tino but from what little I can find they are also known a Hyphessobrycon pandurini. It seems (from reading) that the males have red fins and the females have yellow. I'll get some pics of them as soon as they get acclimated.

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
~ Mae West
Post InfoPosted 19-Sep-2007 19:23Profile PM Edit Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
You have pandurini .. ???

POST PICS QUICK!!!!

They are seriously desirable over here in Europe right now!

Trouble is, getting them in my neck of the woods is a tad problematic at the moment ... as is usually the case with the seriously desirable fishes (sigh).

If they're the same fish that I saw photographed by Erwin Schraml as the "Junior Pandurini", then they're gorgeous little fish ... and what's more, they stay small as adults too - I hear they're not much bigger than Ember Tetras fully grown (unless someone has grown them bigger by now).

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 22-Sep-2007 22:53Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Doedogg
---------------
Banned
female usa
I havent been able to get a good picture of them yet, but here is a shot of them at the place I got them from.

http://www.corysrus.com/gallery_of_1.htm

Like I said, I havent been able to find much info on them so I'm not sure about what the colors mean, corys r us says the males can be either red or yellow and another place says the females have the yellow fins... Either way, I got 5 red finned and 1 yellow (who didnt look like it was doing too well when I checked on them yesterday). Three of the red finned ones really colored up beautifully and are quite stunning.

~ Mae West
Post InfoPosted 23-Sep-2007 16:05Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
BruceMoomaw
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 490
Votes: 0
male usa
They look exactly like the Junior Tetras (scientific name listed here as "Hemigrammus caudovittatus" at http://www.mtfb.com/SouthernApistos/tetraJunior1WEB.jpg .
Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2007 07:48Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Doedogg
---------------
Banned
female usa
EditedEdited by doedogg
Bruce, I don't think the ones you linked to are the same fish as I have, a friend of mine has what he purchased as buenos aires tetras and although similar, they are a little different( and quite a bit larger). Mine dont have as much red or yellow on the tail fins,mostly the dorsal, anal and pelvic fins.

~ Mae West
Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2007 13:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
The fish I know as the "Junior Pandurini" and which was photographed by Erwin Schraml is this one (pic follows) and has a LOT more of a sort of claret-hued red in its fins.

Attached Image:

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 20-Oct-2007 07:32Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies