Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeDemasoni
cichlidman
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 5
Votes: 1
male usa
Hey Man...I am glad to know I am not alone. It is quite frustrating!

I am not sure what else I can do I have used everything available in the market that's formulated to reduce Nitrites...nothing, Water changes...nothing, Filter changes...nothing

All my other fish are looking OK for NOW . They are eating like little monsters, especially since I am now feeding them every other day trying to reduce the Nitrites.

I have seen small changes in one of my other fish...looking a bit sluggish and scrapping his side with the rocks at the bottom of the tank. However eating well and still agressive

Let's see what happens. Will kepp you posted.
Post InfoPosted 23-Jan-2008 06:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
yeah mate your not alonewhere you are now,was where i was,thus staring the tank againbut i had no choice i had done all i could do....i just wanted to do something,anything b4 it started taking its toll on my fish...so yeah,wipped it down,popped the fish in a smaller tank,and started the paifull process
Post InfoPosted 23-Jan-2008 14:00Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
cichlidman
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 5
Votes: 1
male usa
Well Folks...I see the light at the end of the tunnel

I have done Nitrite testing the past 2 days and they seem to be going down to somewhat acceptable levels

The results range between .25 and .50 PPM Much better in comparison to the previous readings of 2.0-5.0PPM so definitely some progress

The last 2 WC's were approximately 20% each one Monday and one Tuesday. I have added Stability and Aqua Safe for the past several days and it seems to be working very effectively

Feeding has been reduced to every other day and I may decrease to every 3 days until I see the Nitrite levels go down futher

Will keep you posted!
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2008 18:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
well you were luckyer than me,more persistant too,keep up the good work,good to here they are coming down,keep us up to date...
Post InfoPosted 25-Jan-2008 04:41Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies