Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGranite Rocks
antman08015
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 17
Votes: 1
male usa
Ok I found some really nice Granite Rocks in my mothers yard... I can't boil them don't have a big enough pot so I'm gonna have to bake em how long and what temp ohhh and yeah here's a pic of one of the rocks http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x166/antman08015/101_0291.jpg
Post InfoPosted 08-Jul-2007 22:47Profile PM Edit Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
10-15 minutes should be plenty, granite by nature is virtually impervious, so any infection , disease, cyst or algae has an almost impossible task penetrating its structure. It doesnt soak up water so there will be little living on it once dried. A quick heating will do.
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 00:57Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
That's a nice big one.

I'd check it over for any cracks, and just to be on the safe side wrap it up with some aluminum foil or oven foil (usually stronger than aluminum) just in case it cracks and explodes.

10-15 as LHG mentioned at around 150 or 175F should be plenty. After the little plastic timer pops up...oh wait that's turkeys...after 10 minutes turn the oven off and let the rock cool itself. Sudden temp changes may cause the rock to crack so leave it in the oven till it's cool to the touch.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 02:06Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies