L# I'm trying to identify my plecos
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeI'm trying to identify my plecos
sarphus
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
EditedEdited 12-Jan-2010 21:02
We have a local petstore that is run by people who like rare plecos. They introduced me to some really cool ones and I bought 3. I'm just trying to figure out which 3 I have so I can care for them properly.

So far they seem to be pretty happy at an mbuna PH in a 125 gal tank. It was supposed to be an mbuna tank, but my wife started naming the community fish I put in there just to get the bio filter going before I put in expensive fish, so it's a community tank.

I'm pretty sure this one is
Hypancistrus sp. l-333

I was surprised to find him not eating algae that much until I read about l-333 being a carnivore. He eats the shrimp pellets I put in for the pictus cat.

This one they had labeled as a "Vampire" or something. I'm interested in knowing the classification name, though.

Edit: I think I might have figured him out. I think he might be L075 - "Rio de para pleco"

I forget what they called this one. This is a bad picture. It's kinda a grey/green base color with black poka dots and white tips on all his fins. This one is my favorite... when he has his fins out he looks amazing.

Found him. It was dumb luck. I found one that looked similar on google and looked up his scientific name. The 2 names were actually not very similar, but there was one of these on the same page.

L264 (Leporacanthicus joselimai)

Look that up on google images for a much better image.

Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2010 20:33Profile PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Your ID's look right AFAIK, although there are other L-numbers that are similar to both L333 and L075.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 13-Jan-2010 03:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies