Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeLoach Colouring
judz
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 160
Votes: 5
male canada
i just got 3 clown loaches and i noticed that one them seem so be less back then the other 2. more of a grey and orange were the other are very black and orange. Is it like some fish were the female is less colourfull then the males.
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2006 03:59Profile PM Edit Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
Clown loaches can't be sexed by coloration, they just exhibit differences from fish to fish. They can change color to some extent depending on their mood and the substrate color, I've seen almost fully black clown loaches. Chances are that it's just the fish's natural color in this case, nothing to worry about.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2006 04:07Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california

Clown loaches also tend to have grayish stripes when they are stressed out, so it is entirely possible that the fish is still just getting used to its new home.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2006 04:08Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
judz
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 160
Votes: 5
male canada
EditedEdited by judz
every other fish in my tank have very very deep colouring and are very bright, does that typically mean the tank is healthy? just cause im taking every precaution cause im overstocked
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2006 04:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california
EditedEdited by Cory Addict

Yes, in general it does mean the tank is healthy. There are a few diseases that may cause a fishes' coloring to become unusually intense, but if this were the case you'd notice some other symptoms of illness as well.

Fish that fight a lot may also have intense coloring, but if you do not see your fish fight (or they fight only infrequently) it most likely just means that they are healthy.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2006 04:29Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies