SubscribeQuestion about Yoyo's
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
Hi guys, do Yoyo Loaches prefer a heavily planted tank? Right now I have two small ones (about 1.5 inches) in a ten gallon with a CAE (about the same size) and an adult Betta It is lightly planted 1 Amazon sword and 2 Anubias Nanna Petite. I was planning to move them to the 55 when they outgrew the Ten gallon, but I was wondering if they like the more plants to hide in.

I dont now much about Yoyo's so any help would be appreciated.

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2008 16:18Profile Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Eyrie
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 18
Votes: 16
male scotland
Yoyos, like most loaches, need plenty of hiding places to feel secure. That doesn't necessarily mean heavy planting. but a well planted tank will mean that they are less stressed and more active. I'd also look to add at least another three as these are sociable fish.

If you're looking for more info on them, here are two good links.
http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/profiles/603.htm
http://www.loaches.com/species-index/botia-almorhae

Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2008 20:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
viciouschiapet
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 77
Votes: 15
female usa
I'd think places to hide and open areas would both benefit them. They're very active, so make sure they have lots of room to play. Very heavily planted may hinder that. Oh and make sure the tank is covered... I had beautiful one probably around 6" jump out the tank long ago. They're strong, active swimmers. ={

The pottery that growls!
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 00:40Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies