L# dojo loaches dying! HELP!
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribedojo loaches dying! HELP!
RLHam3
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 34
Votes: 0
hey so i had a couple dojo loaches in my african cichlid 30 gal. they'd been living in there fine for about 3 months. and this week they both un expectedly died. When the first one died i did a massive water change. but the otther one died a couple days later. i checked for ich but it wasn't there on them or any of the other fish. I just don't get it.
Post InfoPosted 04-Nov-2008 17:04Profile PM Edit Report 
Gone_Troppo

----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 196
australia au-northernterritory
Hey RLHam3. Sorry to hear about your loaches.

Can you give us some more information about the tank: tank mates, how long its been set up, any recent changes or additions, maintenance routine, water parameters (temperature, pH, ammonia, nitrIte and nitrAte at least).

You mentioned checking for symptoms of white spot, did you notice any other physical symptoms at all? change in behaviour, feeding, colouration?

Basically as much info as you can possibly provide will give us a better chance of working out where the problem may be and hopefully help to prevent any more deaths.

G_T

PS. perhaps one of the mods could move this to the hospital ?

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Post InfoPosted 04-Nov-2008 17:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Ironhand74
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 69
Votes: 295
male usa
There is 1 water peram that comes to mind, that's the temp, if I recall, Dojo's are a cold water fish that can withstand some elevated temps for a short period of time, but not constantly, if all other water perams are in good shape and no other inhabitants are showing signs or symptoms of distress or disease....
As Troppo mentioned, a run-out of water conditions and any other observations would be most helpful.

keep us posted !!

J.
Post InfoPosted 05-Nov-2008 06:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
RLHam3
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 34
Votes: 0
all water quality things are neutral except for pH which is at 7.2. Right now the tanks at room temperature so it is in the lower 70's. They were housed in a 30gal long with african cichlids, but the cichlids completell ignored them. They'd been in there for a few months and everything had been fine. No changes in behavior, and they were eating fine. They were completely normal the day before.
Post InfoPosted 05-Nov-2008 22:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies