Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeA Bad Thing?
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
hi i have a tank of feeders that ive been quarantining.today i went to grab some to feed to my oscar and a whehn i put them in the oscars tank i notice 2 dead ones but it was too late to remove them because he ate them. the feeders had to have died some time when i was ate work beacuse all 9 were alive when i left. ate first i thought nothing of it but then had second thoughts.i was just wondering the risks inherited in this since the fish could have been possibly decomposing for hours well i was at work.i have dosed the oscars tank with pimafix and removed the carbon fromt he filter.is this a good idea and should i continue to do this as the bottle directs?the most likely cause for the feeder deaths was the rise in temperature because of the light since they were all free swimming when i left and acting healthy, or my second thought is they possiby could have been overfeed.? is over feeding possible?
Post InfoPosted 01-Jan-2009 00:20Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
it could have been a few things them getting attacked by the oscar or even them getting s stressed from the chaseing.
Post InfoPosted 01-Jan-2009 05:48Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
no riri the feeders the feeders were in their own tank and they were alive when i went to wsork and when i got home they were dead. they were dead when i accidentally fed thenm to my oscar
Post InfoPosted 01-Jan-2009 06:39Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I have answered a very similar question you have posted are you talking about the same tank of feeders and having them die?

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 01-Jan-2009 09:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies