L# Angels And Congo Tetras
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAngels And Congo Tetras
cjp
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 43
Votes: 0
A freind of mine set up a 125gal.tank last month,and has 6 angles,3 that are small and 3 that are 5" or so in size.He also has 6 congo tetras that are about 3" in size,would he be able to keep these together in that large tank?Thanks to all that respond.cjp.
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2006 14:41Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
juwel-180
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 212
Votes: 17
male uk
I know that angels will eat small neons about 2-3 cm but 3 inch would be fine i think. Dont know if this helps.
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2006 15:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
cjp
-----
Hobbyist
Thanks ,it's a start,I think based on some other threads that he might be alright by adding these.The only thing is when I was watching his large angels all three where charging one another and that has me thinking that they might be males and they are establishing a pecking order.Don't know if that may lead to problems later.But we are talking a big tank,so he might be alright.Any other thoughts?
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2006 15:42Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
illustrae
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 876
female usa
In that large a tank, they should be fine. The only thing to watch out for would be the congos nipping at the angels fins. COngos can be nippy but overall they are peaceful and will mind their own business. I think it would make for a beautiful collection of fish.

Hoping that there must be a word for everything I mean...
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2006 18:13Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
shari
-----
Enthusiast
female usa
Angels and Congo Tetras are fabulous tankmates. I've always had the grouping (for over 3 years) and have never had a problem.

They also look good together
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2006 19:10Profile Homepage MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
cjp
-----
Hobbyist
I think it's safe to say that they can co-exist .I'll pass this along to my freind.Thanks to all that responded.cjp.
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2006 20:59Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies