Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBlue ram ?
spankym13
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 56
Votes: 1
male usa
Hey ya'll! I've got a 20gal hex tank with 6 tetra,1guppy,1otto. Could I add a blue/gold ram or two to this tank as a center piece? Most we have at the LFS are young. Tank have a cave and tree root looking decor with plants. Lots of hidding on bottom.
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2008 07:19Profile PM Edit Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
that probly would be ok,but except for angelfish ive herd that most fish prefer,having a longer tank,than a taller one..just something to consider
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2008 11:14Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Gaia
----------
Fingerling
Kudos: 25
Votes: 30
belgium
Yes indeed you can add. Add a pair maybe.
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2008 12:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
truestar

-----
Enthusiast
Young Pup
Kudos: 92
Votes: 147
male usa us-indiana
You probably could, but the hex tanks don't have as much surface area, which means less oxygen in the water. So I'd make sure you have some kind of aerator in the tank.
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2008 12:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
spankym13
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 56
Votes: 1
male usa
Would a pair be better? is it enough room? also i've got a airstone with a pump rated to 30-40gal. unless someone else has an idea for a centerpiece except angels
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2008 21:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
In the cichlids, most often pairs are made, and the animal cant be totally complete without a pair, and its colors wont show as well. I have a krib that is in breeding condition/mode, which is redding up and colors emboldening on tips of fins, but since it has no mate, the full colors and spots on tail will not be achieved. On the other hand, maybe kribs are totally different from rams in a sense. ??? Now having young rams at your store, it is going to be a bit harder to purchase a pair, and you probably will have to make multiple trips to the store to get them.

ANgel fish would get a tad bit big, and need a few of them to live nicely, i think.

Good luck!

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2008 23:54Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies