Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeComplimentary cichlids
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
I will have to move at least 2 of my Angles to a secondary tank. Are there any other cichlids that are complimentary to Angels? I don't want them to constantly bicker but be great tank companions. (You know, you live in your space, I live in mine.) I also don't want to have to worry about cross breeding or one eating the other. The possible size of the tank could be 30gal. If my husband gets his way, it will be a 75gal.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2009 07:27Profile PM Edit Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
As you probably know, they do better in groups, so more angels should be on the cards..
Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2009 22:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
female usa us-michigan
EditedEdited by kellyjhw
Tried that... We started with 6 Angels as juvies, with maybe 1/2 inch difference in size. They killed one smaller and they've been fighting ever since. Now, I have a mated pair and a second matured male terrorizing the other 2 Angels. The other 2 are stuck in the middle of the 3 fighting (pair and single male).

To top it off, I can't sex the 2 stuck in the middle yet. (they haven't matured enough yet to show.)

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 30-Apr-2009 05:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
zachf92
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 255
Votes: 233
male usa
Im not sure why, but a lot of books and websites i have read state that angels go great with festivums (it even says it on FP's profile)

maybe you can give that a try
Post InfoPosted 01-May-2009 03:43Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
female usa us-michigan
I read that but, it doesn't say if they should be alone or prefer to be in multiples. Actually, there's not much on them other than the basics.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 01-May-2009 05:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
female usa us-michigan
Well, I lucked up on a 40gal tall. Just right for the 2-3 Angels that will be moved into it. Now, I've got to find companion fish. I don't want the same as what I have in the 55gal. So, no black ruby barbs, no neon tetras, and maybe no yoyo loaches... (the hubby likes them so, he may insist on more.)

Any suggestions on new companion fish? I do plan on planting the tank. But since I'm short, I don't want to use plants that will have to be trimmed and replanted on a regular basis. This time it will mostly be anubia and crypt plants.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 04-May-2009 04:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies