Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeConvicts - Trouble in paradise
Cichlid Keeper
---------------
Big Fish
Kudos: 466
Votes: 304
male usa
I have a I won't call it a problem but an unusual situation,I have a breeding pair of convicts in a 40 gallon tank by themselves with a couple of caves. They have not bred together in about 6 months(last time in april) each seems to stay in their on cave on 1 side of the tank and attack the other if it comes near. Considering how convicts are suppose to be such prevelent breeders is their actions something I need to be concerned with are should I not worry about them and just let them be.
Post InfoPosted 17-Oct-2008 03:40Profile PM Edit Report 
The Mutant Goldfish
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 31
Votes: 8
male usa
As much as I hate hot-linking from competitor sites, this one has more information on the breeding of convicts. You might also test your water to see if the PH, Hardness, and Temperature are within acceptable levels for the Convict pair.

Click Here

---
Born in radioactive waters, the Mutant Goldfish swims...
Check out my profile to see my tank setup(s)!
Post InfoPosted 17-Oct-2008 03:51Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
Theyll get over it.
Shes chasing him off i presume, or the other way around? One of them sometimes takes full care, or at least the majority.
Post InfoPosted 19-Oct-2008 12:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
chris1017
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 421
Votes: 70
male usa us-maryland
have you tried using some live food at all? are you keeping up with water changes? it's tough to say, mabey they don't like eachother any more.

chris
Post InfoPosted 21-Oct-2008 07:26Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies