Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeDidnt Make The Dinner Plate
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
hey guys,first off merry x-mas to all.now dont you hate it when you buy feeders for you cichlids and they dont get eatenabout 3 weeks ago i put 10 asorted barbs into my tank as feeders and they all got eaten except 2,a gold barb,and a tiger barb.well these 2 fish have settled in quite nice with all the cichlids in there,they have all totaly given up even trying to bite these 2 barbs let alone catch and eat themthey are just 2 fast and to cheeky,but i spoze i dont mind,they clean up pretty good and just stick to themselves,the greedy little pigs have even doubled in size.when i was using convict babies as feeders this was happening,so i started putting them in at a smaller size.i also have a friend who has a large blackbelt in a 150 gal,and he put like 25 barbs in there and the blackbelt has only caught like 4 of them,and last time i seen him,the blackbelt had lost interest trying to catch them.has this happened to you guys much.wonder why they just give up like that!i guess they figure why bother wasting my time and energy.
Post InfoPosted 26-Dec-2008 07:32Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
Rather than dumping them all in at once, feed singally or just a few at a time. This should solve your problem.
Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2008 00:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
You were giving them a large pre Xmas dinner. When I was feeding my SW lion fish with guppies it was best to do only one at a time. Certainly make them hungry and only one at a time is always the best way to go.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2008 03:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
yeah i spoze,its just easyer this way,some are much larger and greeder than others,so while the greeder fish are getting there dinner,this gives the others time to get there dinner,for example the female green terror is that greedy when i used to feed them just 1 at a time or a few,she would constantly follow my hand and nip and bite the other fish to shoo them away,i started having to shoo her away by gentally tapping her to make her back off,so after this i just started DUMPING them all in at once,if i did try to feed them 1 by 1 or just a few,the size shes at now,she would eat them all,the other tank mates would get nothing
Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2008 05:36Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies