L# Grow-Out Tank
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGrow-Out Tank
RLHam3
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 34
Votes: 0
i have a 30 gal aquarium and i want to use it as a SA cichlid grow-out tank. it has a penn-plax canister filter.

i was wondering if i could buy a small green terror and jack dempsey and keep them in there together for a few months. if you think that would work how big should they get before i move them out?

if those fish wouldn't work together then i would just get one. if i just got one cichlid then i'd probably consider one of the following: jaguar, green terror, midas, jack dempsey, or a red devil. (in that order) if i do just get a single species tank then how large should it get before i move it out?
Post InfoPosted 15-Sep-2008 22:13Profile PM Edit Report 
steven1982
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 74
Votes: 38
male canada
I have a great article about how big a fish can get before you need to put them in a larger tank.
http://www.malawicichlids.com/mw01019.htm
Post InfoPosted 15-Sep-2008 22:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Depending what is in the bigger tank small fish possibly feel safer away from big fish any way.
I had to clean the 45lt Cardinal tank of small snails, I bought a small CL and when he got bigger straight into the 5ft tank but what I did notice was, within the first few months he put on a massive growth spurt then settled down to the normal slow growth and he is still going strong today.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 16-Sep-2008 05:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies